Aquatic Arts 3 B-Grade Mystery Snails (Pomacea bridgesii, Live Young Adult Snails! 1/2 to 2+ inches) - Assorted Colors - Algae-Eaters
Brand: Aquatic Arts
- All Aquatic ArtsTM (formerly InvertObsessionTM) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
- Add a variety of colors to your aquarium with this combo pack, which includes a random assortment of colored snails.
- Color possibilities include blue, black, purple, golden yellow, ivory white, and albino (brown shell with a white body).
- One of the largest plant-safe freshwater snails (up to 2 inches in diameter when fully grown), Mystery Snails are a popular and attractive addition to any aquarium.
- This listing is for B-grade mystery snails, meaning that the snails may have minor shell damage or calcification, but are otherwise perfectly healthy. We will send an assortment of colors, and we cannot accept requests for certain colors.
Publisher: Aquatic Arts
This listing is for B-grade mystery snails, meaning that the snails may have minor shell damage or calcification, but are otherwise perfectly healthy. We will send an assortment of colors, and we cannot accept requests for certain colors.
These large and striking snails are great for adding some color to your aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. They clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, they eat hair algae, and they keep your substrate clean and the correct color. They are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. These snails are quite large as adults, growing up to 2 inches in size.
NOTE: If you search the Internet for mystery snails, many results will state that these are the same species as Apple Snails. These are NOT Apple Snails, though they do resemble them in shape. Apple Snails are considered an invasive species and are illegal to own in the USA. Our Mystery Snails do not grow to the tremendous size that Apple Snails do (often as big as an apple).
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- PH level range: 7.6 to 8.4
- Temperature range: 68 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: With mystery snails, it's a good idea to make sure the water line in your aquarium isn't too high, as these snails tend to climb up to the water line to breathe air. Other than algae and biofilm, they also eat fish or invertebrate pellets and blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.